WHAT IS SCIATICA?
Sciatica Nerve Pain is a condition that starts in the lower back and may radiate down into the leg and possibly the foot. This can include pain, weakness, tingling, or numbness in these areas.
The condition is most likely due to injury to the area or long term compression of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the entire body which is why it’s important to our daily lives.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
Sciatic Nerve Pain may show itself in many different ways. Some of the most common signs and symptoms you may be experiencing discomfort due to your sciatic nerve are:
- Aching and Sharp Leg Pain This can be a shooting pain, or a gradual ache that starts in the back and travels down to the foot.
- Sensory and Motor Dysfunctions Numbness, motor weakness, reduced feeling, or loss of reflexes
- Specific Painful Areas Sciatic Nerve Pain usually only affects one side of the body from the back down
Below are some of the health benefits chiropractic care and chiropractic adjustments can provide patients with sciatica pain and discomfort:
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved range of motion
- Improved flexibility
- Increased activity and lifestyle